Saturday, June 11, 2011

Deodorant?


This might sound strange, but I don't wear deodorant... per se. I don't wear the traditional deodorant that you may pick up at the local super-mega-store of the like. I do wear something to deodorize my underarms, so fear not. But I use an all-natural alternative. I mean, have you ever looked at the back of the deodorant stick to see what the ingredients are?????






And I didn't want to put a brand's name out there, sorry Secret!!! I used to use Secret because I have some of the worst B.O. ever! I am Italian and I eat lots of onions and garlic, very bad combo. And these definitely help with the sweating too. And yes, the doctor will prescribe you the extra strength kind too, but the doctor doesn't always give the safest things. Clearly pill addiction is partly their fault. But anyway. Do you know how much aluminum you are putting in your armpit??? It's scary. There shouldn't be such an excess going into your body. And for women, if you are pregnant I wouldn't recommend using all these chemicals. It's funny; pregnant women try to be so safe and careful with what they eat and things like that, but they still stick all these chemicals in to their armpit. If you switch to my alternative, you might have one more thing to brag about while you're pregnant. In case you didn't know, women can be super catty when they are expecting. It's annoying.
So what do I use????? I use lime juice. Or lemon juice. I was using fresh cuts of lemons and limes on my underarms, but they are harder to travel with! So instead I bought the tiny bottles of lime juice in the produce section and put it in a little travel-size spritz bottle. So yes, I can travel with the deodorant.

Super easy!!! But beware, it does sting after shaving, lol. And you do have to let it dry before putting clothes on. Surprisingly the juice doesn't take too long to dry. But if this weirds you out, there are the all natural deodorants you can buy at the store. The brand I used, Tom's of Maine, made me stink after about an hour, so it was a no-go. Sad though because I really wanted to make it work, but I just smelled awful HAHA. But I am not kidding, the lime juice works sooooo unbelievably well on me. And I am really not kidding when I say I have bad B.O. My boyfriend has no problem telling me that I smell, so it's not something that I have only been aware of. He's so loving :-)
Give it a try! It can't hurt you, seriously. It is better than all that aluminum you are currently putting in your armpit.

No comments:

Post a Comment